Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by nt...@gmail.com on 2006/05/20 02:47:09 UTC

[users@httpd] "AddType application/x-httpd-php" behaves wrong in Mozilla/Ubuntu

After upgrading to the latest Apache and PHP on a server running
FreeBSD 6.0-release, I find that the "AddType application/x-httpd-php
.php" line in httpd.conf is working everywhere except for *one*
virtual host, accessed by *a single* browser.  In other words, every
v-host works as it always did from every browser on every computer in
the house (including Firefox on Ubuntu and Mozilla in XP), except that
when I open Mozilla 1.7.13 under Ubuntu 5.10 and try to access
http://www.hirstory.com:2170/ (one of many v-hosts on the server
machine) it tells me:

the file "" is of type application/x-httpd-php and Mozilla does not
know how to handle this file ...

The strange thing is, typing <http://www.hirstory.com:2170/index.php>
works fine.  Whatever causes this particular browser's request to
confuse Apache, it happens while the index is being located.  This
doesn't happen with other virtual hosts under the same server that
also have index.php and have no problems, nor does it happen when you
change the browser or the OS.  Any thoughts on why this could be?

Many thanks,
Jordan