Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by J....@pilz.ie on 2005/12/07 18:25:40 UTC

Re: Performance When Reading Attachments

Hi

Can anyone help me with this at all?

I'm considering using the current CVS build to see if any improvements
have been made.

Like, I've heard about streaming attachments - they sound good - if I can
work out how to use them.

But this is a critical area for my application, so if anyone has any
performance hints for DIME attachments at all  I'd really appreciate it.

James

J.Sugrue@pilz.ie
06/12/2005 14:39
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Performance When Reading Attachments

Hi

I'm really hoping someone can finally solve this for me.

When I receive a message with a DIME Attachement, I get my Message object
back quite quickly, but it takes ages for it to read the attachments from
the message.

I considered that this could be because it's waiting for the attachments,
but unfortunatly, I can't work out how to just read the attachments
straight away.

Has anyone had this problem or found the solution?

I am using Axis for my client, and someone else is using a C++ GSOAP
client, and they get the data in no time.
So any help in improving attachement performance would be appreciated .

Thanks
James

This email is intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Any
unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of the confidential
information contained therein, or the taking of any action based on it, is
prohibited. The sender disclaims any liability for the integrity of this
email. Legally binding declarations must be in written form.

Re: Performance When Reading Attachments

Posted by J....@pilz.ie.
I never thought of that actually - interesting.

So, I guess a GSOAP client wouldn't have a problem with the GSOAP
Streaming, but another client (such as Axis) would?

Thanks again
James

Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>
08/12/2005 18:02
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Performance When Reading Attachments

sounds like a GSOAP streaming problem.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
not yet.