Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jakob Ramskov <co...@ramosa.com> on 2000/06/12 22:54:41 UTC

+1 ?

I don't get see the sence of writing +1 in the body of a mail here?

You should make an IRC channel somewhere btw.

- Ramosa

Re: +1 ?

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <ja...@eng.sun.com>.
on 6/12/00 1:54 PM, Jakob Ramskov at contact@ramosa.com wrote:

> I don't get see the sence of writing +1 in the body of a mail here?

It's how decisions are made and has a long history dating through the early
days of the Apache project, and the FreeBSD project before that.

> You should make an IRC channel somewhere btw.

Only for occasional and casual use. The problem with synchonous
communication in an open development environment is that it's very unlikely
for everyone to be online or have attention at any particular time. Making
official decisions via email is the only way that we've found of overcoming
problems -- i.e. asynchonous communmication is a stregnth of the process.

.duncan