Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by rss167 <rs...@btinternet.com> on 2006/05/18 00:56:36 UTC

Help: Check in version with comment

I want to be able to check in a file with a comment, whcih should then be
associated with that version.  When I do a REPORT method on the history
version, the comment should then be returned.  If I construct the XML below
and issue a CHECKIN request, the comment is not added to the file and it
remains blank.

Can Slide handle comments on checkin or am I doing something wrong?

The XML for the checkin request is
<A:checkin xmlns:A="DAV:">
      <A:comment>testComment</A:comment>
</A:checkin>

I then do a REPORT on the history URI with the XML which returns a blank
comment.  The request XML is below
<A:version-tree xmlns:A='DAV:'>
      <A:prop>
               <A:comment/>
      </A:prop>
</A:version-tree>

Re: Check in version with comment

Posted by Jacob Lund <jl...@apache.org>.
You have to add the comment in a PROPPATCH first and the do the CHECKIN.
Then it will show in the REPORT

/jacob