Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/11/14 23:54:05 UTC

Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - krysalis-ruper

David Bernard wrote:

>> The purpose of gump is to get all cvs HEAD to compile against each
>> other.  Although you can specify "supplied".  The perfered method is to
>> get it to work against the HEAD.
>
> I know this (it's what I dislike Gump approach).

The purpose of Gump is to get people talking.  If you depend on
something that is supported commons-cli 1.0, then it would be nice if
cli were to preserve these interfaces for at least one release, possibly
deprecating them.

It is a lot easier to have this discussion before CLI has it's next
release (without the support that you need) than after.

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2002-11-14/krysalis-ruper.html

- Sam Ruby