Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Bhavani Kumar <bh...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/24 23:23:52 UTC

Formula updatation problem

Hello Everyone,
I have a formula in one of the cells in my Excel.
Formula is  =SUM(B1:B6)-B12
B12 has a formula which is =SUM(B7:B11)

Problem - When I insert 2 rows, one at B2 and the other one at B9
I expect the formula to be =SUM(B1:B7)-B14
and B12 formula to be =SUM(B8:B13)

Actual result -
Formula =SUM(B1:B8)-B14
and B12 formula is =SUM(B8:B13)

The formula should not consider the second row inserted into B1:B6 range.
First part of formula should only consider the rows added in that range
only.
Because of this actual formula is =SUM(B1:B8)-B14
Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in Advance,
Bhavani Gandham

Re: Formula updatation problem

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Bhavani Kumar wrote:
> Problem - When I insert 2 rows, one at B2 and the other one at B9
> I expect the formula to be =SUM(B1:B7)-B14
> and B12 formula to be =SUM(B8:B13)

If you are inserting rows, you will need to fix up any formulas
afterwards. POI is just a file format library, not an excel replacment, so
it won't update the formulas for you when you perform this sort of
operation

Nick