Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Craig Altenburg <cr...@qrpc.com> on 2022/07/09 19:54:12 UTC

Raspberry Pi Pico W

I am looking into adding support for the Raspberry Pi Pico W which uses the Infineon’s CYW43439 WiFi chip.

Rather than trying to write I complete interface to this chip, I was wondering whether it would be appropriate to build with the code in the Pico-SDK supplied by the Raspberry Pi foundation.

The library Pico-SDK uses to communicate with the  CYW43439 is Copyright George Robotics Pty Ltd, and is generally licensed for non-commercial purposes.  It is also licensed for use with the RP2040 (or other Raspberry Pi Foundation chips) in a manner that permits commercial use.

Re: Raspberry Pi Pico W

Posted by Brennan Ashton <ba...@brennanashton.com>.
Pulling in that SDK upstream is likely not feasible for multiple reasons
including the licencing side. That said there already is some support for
the BCM43xxx chips which if I recall correctly are the same family, and it
may be not too much work to add missing support.

--Brennan