Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/04/01 09:23:20 UTC

Re: Last public Gump runs used Kaffe

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Adam R. B. Jack <aj...@apache.org> wrote:

>> * why does Gump use /usr/bin/java instead of $JAVA_HOME/bin/java at
>> * all?
>
> Why? Likely 'cos way back when I wrote this, I didn't know that
> (cross platforms) this was a standard location.

It isn't, but I thought it was Gump's standard location.  After all we
are setting JAVA_HOME in each of our workspaces.

Stefan

Re: Last public Gump runs used Kaffe

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
> > Why? Likely 'cos way back when I wrote this, I didn't know that
> > (cross platforms) this was a standard location.
>
> It isn't, but I thought it was Gump's standard location.  After all we
> are setting JAVA_HOME in each of our workspaces.

Maybe for Ant's boot, I vaguely recall something like that? Most likely,
just a guess on my part. I'm game to code it to $JAVA_HOME/bin/java and
allow folks to override it via $JAVA_CMD.

regards

Adam