Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Rudy Commenge <ru...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/22 12:02:00 UTC

JAVA into BPEL process

Hi,

I have deployed BPEL processes on Apache ODE 1.3.5 with Axis2 integration.

I tried the following source code into my BPEL process:
            <bpel:copy>
                <bpel:from
queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath2.0"

expressionLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath2.0"
                    xmlns:sdf="java:java.text.SimpleDateFormat">
                        <![CDATA[sdf:format(sdf:new('yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss'),
current-dateTime())]]>
                </bpel:from>
                <bpel:to>....</bpel:to>
            </bpel:copy>

I found this in internet, and I'm amazed that it works in Apache ODE.
As you can see I use SimpleDateFormat Java class.
So it seems there is a Java support in ODE, but I don't find any
documentation about features available.

Can you give me more information about features available in BPEL with Java
(like SimpleDateFormat) ?

Best regards,

Rudy

Re: JAVA into BPEL process

Posted by Rudy Commenge <ru...@gmail.com>.
Great.
Thanks for all this information.

Best regards,

Rudy

Re: JAVA into BPEL process

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rudy,

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de

Re: JAVA into BPEL process

Posted by Waruna Ranasinghe <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rudy,

ODE uses Saxon to evaluate XPath 2.0, In Saxon you can implement extension
XPath functions [1].
BPEL extension activities [2], This feature only available in the ODE 2.0
branch, but you can try out [4] where I have ported extension support to
ODE 1.3.x
You can also implement BPEL event listeners [3]

[1] -
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation9.1/extensibility/functions/staticmethods.html
[2] -
http://ode.apache.org/extension-activities-extensible-assign-operations.html
[3] - http://ode.apache.org/ode-execution-events.html
[4] - https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/trunk/commons/ode_trunk

Thanks,
Waruna
On 22 February 2012 16:32, Rudy Commenge <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have deployed BPEL processes on Apache ODE 1.3.5 with Axis2 integration.
>
> I tried the following source code into my BPEL process:
>            <bpel:copy>
>                <bpel:from
> queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath2.0"
>
> expressionLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath2.0"
>                    xmlns:sdf="java:java.text.SimpleDateFormat">
>                        <![CDATA[sdf:format(sdf:new('yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss'),
> current-dateTime())]]>
>                </bpel:from>
>                <bpel:to>....</bpel:to>
>            </bpel:copy>
>
> I found this in internet, and I'm amazed that it works in Apache ODE.
> As you can see I use SimpleDateFormat Java class.
> So it seems there is a Java support in ODE, but I don't find any
> documentation about features available.
>
> Can you give me more information about features available in BPEL with Java
> (like SimpleDateFormat) ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rudy

Waruna Ranasinghe