Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Andries Engelbrecht <ae...@maprtech.com> on 2015/01/23 23:14:57 UTC

Re: Unable to root into Drill sandbox.

Hi Jen,

Can you access the drillbit when you use a browser and connect to http://<IP_ADDRESS>:8047?

Are you sing Virtualbox or VMware for the SandBox VM?

Also did you use NAT or bridge adapter for the network setting with the Sandbox?

BTW: Which sandbox version are you using?

Also see this blog post for more info on the Sandbox networking and configuration, may provide some background.
https://www.mapr.com/blog/how-configure-network-mapr-sandbox-hadoop-whiteboardwalkthrough#.VMLHuGTF-nA

—Andries

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
Hey Jen,

I'm using the  following sandbox
"MapR-Sandbox-For-Apache-Drill-0.6.0-r2-4.0.1" with VirtualBox, and when it
starts it displays "Log in to this virtual machine: Linux/Windows <Alt+F2>,
Mac OS X <Option+F5>"

I have a Mac so I just press <Option+F5> then I log in using username
"mapr" password "mapr". I can then run sqlline straight into the virtual
machine window.

Thanks!
Hakim

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jen,

Unfortunately the mailing list does not allow attachments. Please feel free
to upload your image to a service like IMGUR and share a link.

http://imgur.com/

-Jason

Posted by Andries Engelbrecht <ae...@maprtech.com>.
Hi Jen,