Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> on 2020/06/04 13:08:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.0.2

I'd like to call for a vote to release the version 0.0.2 of the
Jakarta EE migration tool.

This will be a "tag only" release with no distribution of the binaries
(neither from Apache nor from Maven Central).

The notable changes compared to 0.0.1 are:

- An Ant task has been added

- Inplace file migration is now supported

- EC signatures are now removed from the migrated jar files

- Better log formatting when running from the command line

- New '-verbose' option for the command line

Tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-jakartaee-migration.git;a=commit;h=45d354c1835a1583baf0be02ae77e70fd290f2da

Source:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-jakartaee-migration.git

The proposed 0.0.2 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Beta   - go ahead and release as 0.0.2

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.0.2

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 04/06/2020 14:08, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> I'd like to call for a vote to release the version 0.0.2 of the
> Jakarta EE migration tool.
>
> This will be a "tag only" release with no distribution of the binaries
> (neither from Apache nor from Maven Central).
>
> The notable changes compared to 0.0.1 are:
>
> - An Ant task has been added
>
> - Inplace file migration is now supported
>
> - EC signatures are now removed from the migrated jar files
>
> - Better log formatting when running from the command line
>
> - New '-verbose' option for the command line

+1

Mark

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Le 04/06/2020 à 15:08, Emmanuel Bourg a écrit :

> The proposed 0.0.2 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Beta   - go ahead and release as 0.0.2

+1

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.0.2

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.0.2

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
The following votes were cast:

Binding:
+1: remm, mgrigorov, markt, ebourg

No other votes were cast.

The vote therefore passes.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 0.0.2

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 4:08 PM Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd like to call for a vote to release the version 0.0.2 of the
> Jakarta EE migration tool.
>
> This will be a "tag only" release with no distribution of the binaries
> (neither from Apache nor from Maven Central).
>
> The notable changes compared to 0.0.1 are:
>
> - An Ant task has been added
>
> - Inplace file migration is now supported
>
> - EC signatures are now removed from the migrated jar files
>
> - Better log formatting when running from the command line
>
> - New '-verbose' option for the command line
>

> Tag:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-jakartaee-migration.git;a=commit;h=45d354c1835a1583baf0be02ae77e70fd290f2da
>
> Source:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-jakartaee-migration.git
>

> The proposed 0.0.2 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ X ] Beta   - go ahead and release as 0.0.2

I've used latest master today to test Apache Tomcat 10.0.0-M6. Successfully
migrated Apache Wicket examples application from master branch (9.x)

Regards,
Martin