Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Srikanth Goud <sr...@lntinfotech.com> on 2009/02/05 06:43:12 UTC

Invoke popup after saving Data

Hi,
  I have a requirement where after saving data in to database , show a popup
in the same page propmting Continue or ok.

For this i am planning to write a javascript for popUp.
But how to invoke the popup from the execute method?
And how to write the JavaScript in the Bean?

 Or  is there any another way ?

Srikanth.

Re: Invoke popup after saving Data

Posted by He Tao <he...@nec-as.nec.com.cn>.
Hi,
  Try to use Ajax? or use the frame with no length, when the saving is
over, refresh the hide frame and invoke the popup script. Also, you can
refresh the current frame which you just committed, to popup the confirm.
  After user confirm it, start a new request to do the other things
remained.

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
You don't invoke the javascript from your action. You probably want to
use javascript to post the data, and then display the popup when you
have received a response from the server. Google for 'ajax form' and
'javascript popup', and you will find many examples.

Nils-H

Posted by Srikanth Goud <sr...@lntinfotech.com>.
Hi,