Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net> on 2016/07/15 14:33:37 UTC

New hangout one a week

Hi,

the current discussion shows that we have IMHO a communication problem.
There fore I suggest to start our weekly hangouts once a week again.

WDYT?

Oliver

--
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Sch�nhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
Cab somone setup a doodle? Better than writing emails😀i can do it tomorrow
morning....

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi there,

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
+1 agreed. My prefered times would be quite everytime EXLUCING wednesday.
For me on Mo/Th it should not be before 21h (customer work at Swiss
railways). On the other days 20h would be optimal, I suggest try to keep it
straight for one hour.

--
*Anatole Tresch*
PPMC Member Apache Tamaya

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
tomorrow 19:00 CEST would fit.
Not that flexible right now due to kids.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Phil,

Sorry you can't join.

At JavaLand twice Anatole outlined relatively well what solutions exist
including Spring, DeltaSpike, etc.
https://www.doag.org/formes/servlet/DocNavi?action=getFile&did=6796393&key=

Spring's PropertyResolver
http://docs.spring.io/spring-framework/docs/4.0.4.RELEASE/javadoc-api/org/springframework/core/env/PropertyResolver.html
comes very close to the Configuration interface in Tamaya (as of
0.2-incubation release)

Integer dbPort = props.getProperty("db.port", Integer.class);

As Mark mentioned DeltaSpike (and with the API stripped down to only string
values Tamaya may have to do something similar) does have a type safe
option in a slightly different way.

See http://deltaspike.apache.org/documentation/configuration.html
if you directly interact with the API (you'd often do via annotations
instead) this is what you need in DeltaSpike

Integer dbPort = ConfigResolver
    .resolve("db.port")
    .as(Integer.class)
    .getValue();

Either works, the question to discuss is, what's more common and
comfortable to use.

CU,

Werner

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
"Foe" (Enemy) ???
I hope that was just a typo and not a Freudian slip?;-D

For me as I work in a bank again here, too and there are naturally more
restrictions (e.g. GMail etc. only work in a VirtualBox Image;-) only after
~7 or 7:30pm CET work. On Thu evening I'm probably out till later, so
either tomorrow or Fri would work for me.

Werner

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
Best fits foe me is

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
I am usually available in the evening time, but for structural design
decisions there should be more than just 2 or 3 unless you're in a very
small PMC ;-)

Werner

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: New hangout one a week

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.
Hi, I will be absent from tomorrow until the 10th of August. Who would
like to organise the first hangout for the next week?

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
BE - ZH works quite well, unless the tunnels, but there are only 1 or two...

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: New hangout one a week

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.