Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Madere, Colin" <co...@ieminc.com> on 2003/01/29 01:36:21 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] IP-based vhosts and domain names problem (solve d)

Well, it wasn't Apache at all.  I was being fooled by what was being
returned and didn't change content to be sure the request wasn't already
handed off to JK for processing by Tomcat.

The problem was that Apache and Tomcat had the servername set to a name but
JK was using an IP address.  I expected that to fail and is why I wan't
worried about it, but instead it just passed all requests along to the
"main" tomcat site which was also pointing to static content in the same
location for the "main" Apache site.  It should have been passing it on to
the Tomcat vhost with the same IP as the Apache vhost but that relationship
was lost in transit :)

My apologies for list pollution!