Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jan Bares <he...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/16 10:20:13 UTC

Gmane archive of this list

Hi,

apparently Gmane doesn't archive messages from this list and
subversion.tigris.org archive is outdated. The reason why Gmane doesn't
archive messages is presence of "X-No-Archive: yes" in headers. This can be
turned on by someone responsible at Tigris or by a person who registered
this group at Gmane. Have a look at http://gmane.org/expiry.php, the headers
can be ignored.

Is there somebody who can do it?

Regards Jan

Re: Gmane archive of this list

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Jacob Atzen <ja...@aub.dk> writes:
> Why isn't this the default archive for the users list? The archive
> linked from the homepage is next to useless :-(

We try to link to it from prominent places.  But we don't have full
control over the mailing list page itself, because that HTML is
generated by Java servlets.

Re: Gmane archive of this list

Posted by Jacob Atzen <ja...@aub.dk>.

--
Cheers,
- Jacob Atzen

Re: Gmane archive of this list

Posted by "Alex R. Mosteo" <al...@mosteo.com>.
Kevin Puetz wrote:
> Alex R. Mosteo wrote:
>

>>Toby Johnson wrote:

>>>Most people use this archive.
>>>http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svnusers/
>>>
>>>Gmane support would be nice as well, however.
>>
>>I read this through Gmane. ?
>

> But the list has the X-No-Archive header set to yes, so gmane expires it
> after 14 days. Which means the back-archives aren't searchable.

Ah, ok.

Re: Ignoring X-No-Archive for lists @subversion.tigris.org.

Posted by Jan Bares <he...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Karl!

Regards Jan

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <la...@gnus.org> writes:
> Ok; I've now switched off X-No-Archive handling for all
> @subversion.tigris.org lists.  There's a whole lot of svn-related
> lists on tigris that don't have email addresses at that subdomain,
> though, like "users@subclipse.tigris.org", and I haven't touched
> these.

That's perfect.  Thank you for the quick action!

Posted by Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <la...@gnus.org>.
kfogel@collab.net writes:

> Hello, I am one of the admins for the list users@subversion.tigris.org.
> Our list software adds the "X-No-Archive" header, although we wish it
> didn't.  As we don't have full control over the list software, I'm
> writing to ask if Gmane can ignore the "X-No-Archive" header on all
> mailing lists *@subversion.tigris.org.  Specific list names are:
>
>             users@subversion.tigris.org
>               dev@subversion.tigris.org
>          announce@subversion.tigris.org
>             users@subversion.tigris.org
>               svn@subversion.tigris.org
>      svn-breakage@subversion.tigris.org
>            l10-es@subversion.tigris.org
>            l10-ru@subversion.tigris.org
>            l10-fr@subversion.tigris.org
>
> But we may get more lists, so if it's possible to just ignore
> X-No-Archive on *everything* coming from @subversion.tigris.org, that
> would be ideal.

Ok; I've now switched off X-No-Archive handling for all
@subversion.tigris.org lists.  There's a whole lot of svn-related
lists on tigris that don't have email addresses at that subdomain,
though, like "users@subclipse.tigris.org", and I haven't touched
these.

Messages that have already arrived will still be expired, but
messages that arrive from now on will never be expired.

Ignoring X-No-Archive for lists @subversion.tigris.org.

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Hello, I am one of the admins for the list users@subversion.tigris.org.
Our list software adds the "X-No-Archive" header, although we wish it
didn't.  As we don't have full control over the list software, I'm
writing to ask if Gmane can ignore the "X-No-Archive" header on all
mailing lists *@subversion.tigris.org.  Specific list names are:

            users@subversion.tigris.org
              dev@subversion.tigris.org
         announce@subversion.tigris.org
            users@subversion.tigris.org
              svn@subversion.tigris.org
     svn-breakage@subversion.tigris.org
           l10-es@subversion.tigris.org
           l10-ru@subversion.tigris.org
           l10-fr@subversion.tigris.org

But we may get more lists, so if it's possible to just ignore
X-No-Archive on *everything* coming from @subversion.tigris.org, that
would be ideal.

If it's necessary to authenticate my status as a list admin, let me
know what method you'd like to use.

Thank you for your time,
-Karl Fogel

Posted by Kevin Puetz <pu...@puetzk.org>.

Posted by Jan Bares <he...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jan Bares <he...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jan Bares <he...@yahoo.com>.
> >> Most people use this archive.
> >> http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svnusers/

But searching is unwieldy. The subjects are part of the message, you cannot
quickly skip false positives just looking at the header, because the header
is not displayed.

Posted by Kevin Puetz <pu...@puetzk.org>.

Posted by "Alex R. Mosteo" <al...@mosteo.com>.

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.