Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by sc...@uvigo.es on 2007/05/03 09:33:18 UTC

Doubt in FuzzyQuery

Hi!

I have a problem in dealing whith a fuzzy query in Lucene 2.1.0.

In order to explain my problem, I illustrate it by a simple example:

I would like to recover files including the set of strings

"société américaine" and "sociétés américaines"

from a fuzzy query relating the string "société américain"

I have tried to follow the instructions in the reference manual, apparently
without success.

Please, can you help me ?

Regards

--oOo-----------------------------------------------------------------oOo--

Servicio de acceso ó correo electrónico vía web da Universidade de Vigo
Servicio de acceso al correo electrónico vía web de la Universidad de Vigo

Servicios Informáticos [ http://si.uvigo.es ]
Universidade de Vigo [ http://www.uvigo.es ]

Re: Doubt in FuzzyQuery

Posted by Stefan Will <st...@gmx.net>.
It seems to me like a french stemmer is what you need instead of a fuzzy
query. What analyzer are you using for your documents and queries ?

-- Stefan

Re: Doubt in FuzzyQuery

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
It would help a lot if you can either post a snippet of code showing
how you construct the fuzzy query or create a small, self-contained
program illustrating the problem.

With the latter approach, I've often found that in the middle of creating
the program, what I'm doing wrong surfaces ...

Best
Erick