Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gavin, Rick" <RG...@vidyah.com> on 2002/09/23 16:47:15 UTC

Classloader Problems in 4.1.10

I'm having issues migrating my current web apps from 4.0.4 to 4.1.10.  When
tomcat starts up, it throws an error saying it can't find my JAR files even
though it must have found it to get the name of it to tell me it couldn't
find it.
I ended up having to move my jar files into <tomcat_home>/common/lib , but
obviously I would like to keep my webapp specific classes under its own
webapp folder.  Also, I had created a valve and tomcat won't even start up
with it, giving me a class not found exception.  How is that possible, its a
internal class to tomcat?
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/Valve

RE: Classloader Problems in 4.1.10

Posted by Ray Madigan <ra...@madigans.org>.
I am having a similar issue.  I have jar files in my
webapps/Context/WEB-INF/lib and classes in webapps/Context/WEB-INF/classes.
When I startup Tomcat the log indicates that it can't find a jar file.  it
is interesting that the loader knows the name and the path of the jar.  I
moved the jars to shared/lib and the loader was able to find them, but
faulted when it was looking for some classes that were in WEB-INF/classes
directory.  So I moved these classes to the shared/classes directory.

I have an ACTION servlet in the shared/classes directory.  Now i don't know
how to tell tomcat how to find the servlet in the shared/classes directory.
I found it before by:

ACTION="/Context/servlet/com.mbresearch.xxx

if i move the servlet out of a context - i have no way of executing it.