Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/25 17:12:32 UTC

Topology without authentication

Hi,
Would be possible to write a basic topology without any kind of
authentication?
I create one and I'm getting 401s when there is no authentication at all?
Is it using some global authentication I'm not aware of?
Thanks!

Re: Topology without authentication

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.
You can configure a topology with anonymous authentication.

https://knox.apache.org/books/knox-1-2-0/user-guide.html#Example+Topology

  <gateway>
        <provider>
            <role>authentication</role>
            <name>Anonymous</name>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
        </provider>
        <provider>
            <role>identity-assertion</role>
            <name>Default</name>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
        </provider>
    </gateway>

This will make Knox not do authentication and will rely on the backend
service to do authentication.

PS - This assumes that the service definition isn't forcing a specific
authentication provider, but most do not specify.

Kevin Risden