Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Yavor Trapkov <tr...@netscape.net> on 2005/10/22 21:18:02 UTC

[users@httpd] using cache in reverse proxy mode

Hello,

I'm using apache (2.0.54) as a frontend server to proxy content from application servers,

I'd like to enable caching in order to decrease the load of the backend servers,

I tried to add CacheEnable directive:

ProxyPass        /content1 http://server:8080/content1
ProxyPassReverse /content1 http://server:8080/content1
CacheEnable mem  /content1
#CacheEnable disk /content1

but I still see queries going to the application servers,
if disk cache is used nothing is stored into the CacheRoot folder,
i.e. ProxyPass content is somehow ignored .. does it really work in ver 2.0.x
as it is written in the mod_cache doc page?

Does anyone use caching in reverse proxy configuration, could you send me some examples

Thank you
Yavor

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Re: [users@httpd] using cache in reverse proxy mode

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 10/22/05, Yavor Trapkov <tr...@netscape.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using apache (2.0.54) as a frontend server to proxy content from application servers,
>
> I'd like to enable caching in order to decrease the load of the backend servers,
>
> I tried to add CacheEnable directive:
>
> ProxyPass        /content1 http://server:8080/content1
> ProxyPassReverse /content1 http://server:8080/content1
> CacheEnable mem  /content1
> #CacheEnable disk /content1
>
> but I still see queries going to the application servers,
> if disk cache is used nothing is stored into the CacheRoot folder,
> i.e. ProxyPass content is somehow ignored .. does it really work in ver 2.0.x
> as it is written in the mod_cache doc page?

What does the content look like - specifically the http response
headers?  Is it marked uncachable?

Joshua.