Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Agarwal, Naresh" <na...@informatica.com> on 2003/09/16 14:32:41 UTC

How to perform init operations?

Hi

I'm developing a Web Service using AXIS.

I want to perform some init operation before any client make any request to my web service, i.e., at the time when axis is loaded in Tomcat or when web service is delpoyed.

What is right way to do this?

Can I use init() function of AxisServlet for doing the same?

thanks,
Naresh

Re: How to perform init operations?

Posted by Soma Shekar <so...@nextlinx.com>.
the better way to do is put a Servlet  listener or a filter which will
receive the request and do the necessary initilization and then forward the
request to the Axis Servlet

if it is one time load then you then its better to load from the listener
than the filter

Rgds
Soma Shekar

Posted by Stephen Gordon <st...@student.usyd.edu.au>.