Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Rashid Khan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/05 08:58:30 UTC

Introduction

Hey all,

I am a computer science student, presently in my third year of college. I
am currently taking the Machine Learning Class by Andrew NG on Coursera,
and started looking for Open Source Machine Learning projects and found
Mahout. I have got the source code and have successfully built the project
on my machine. I would like to contribute on the project and if possible do
a GSoC Project under Mahout for upcoming version of GSoC[0].

Are there any beginner level bugs which I can start with to familiarise
myself with the Mahout codebase?

Really excited and looking forward on working on the project.

Have a great day!

Cheers,
--
Rashid Khan

Re: Introduction

Posted by Devin Shields <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rashid,
Take a quick look at the 'contribute' section if the Mahout wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/How+To+Contribute

Good luck!
Devin

sent mobile