Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Sowka <ms...@rogers.com> on 2004/03/20 07:11:15 UTC

Context Descriptor File

Hello Folks,

A quicky question. I've been able to get Tomcat5 to "pick up" my
context.xml files I place in META-INF when I deploy the app with the
Tomcat Deployer + Ant.

I would like to use MyEclipse for web development since it looks like a
decent IDE, but its deployer does not get Tomcat to feed off of the
context.xml file that's still in the META-INF directory...

Q: What has to be done to get Tomcat to load the context.xml into its
conf/Catalina/localhost/{appname} ?

Thanx,
Mike

Re: Context Descriptor File

Posted by Mike Sowka <ms...@rogers.com>.
Ooops...

I should clarify: I've been using Eclipse AND Tomcat Deployer (Ant +
Deployer Ant Tasks) and it works great (I read in the Deployer doc pages
to place the context.xml into META-INF, and it worked like a charm)... I
was referring to the myeclipse plugin (a web development specific
plugin)

So the question is: Not using the deployer, how do I get Tomcat to
recognize an application specific context descriptor?

Thanx,
Mike

Re: Context Descriptor File

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.