Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Mark A. Claassen" <MC...@ocie.net> on 2019/11/27 19:04:08 UTC

Static code analysis - FindBugs (SpotBugs) support

Once upon a time there was a FindBugs module for Netbeans. Is there one that works with Netbeans 11.  (FindBugs or its descendant 'SpotBugs')

Does Netbeans have support for any more complete tools for static analysis besides the included "hints"?

Mark Claassen
Senior Software Engineer

Donnell Systems, Inc.
130 South Main Street
Leighton Plaza Suite 375
South Bend, IN  46601
E-mail: mailto:mclaassen@ocie.net
Voice: (574)232-3784
Fax: (574)232-4014

Disclaimer:
The opinions provided herein do not necessarily state or reflect
those of Donnell Systems, Inc.(DSI). DSI makes no warranty for and
assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the posting.

Re: Static code analysis - FindBugs (SpotBugs) support

Posted by Bilu Al <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello everyone, any news on this please? In fact the plugin still exist in the plugin portal:
http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/912/findbugs-tm-plugin

but seems to not have been updated since a while.

there is some missing dependancy with Netbeans 11+:
-The plugin javax.jmi.reflect is requested in version 1.5.
-The plugin org.netbeans.api.mdr is requested in version 1.2.
-The plugin org.netbeans.jmi.javamodel is requested in version 1.18.0.
-The plugin org.netbeans.modules.java is requested in version 1.23.0.2.2.2.
-The plugin org.netbeans.modules.javacore is requested in version 1.15.0.2.2.
-The plugin org.netbeans.modules.jmiutils is requested in version 1.5.1.2.

Posted by John Mc <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jose Ch <pe...@gmail.com>.
When you try to install it: