Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org> on 2020/10/06 21:57:47 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Teaclave (incubating) v0.1.0-rc2

Dear community,

This is a call for a vote to release Apache Teaclave (incubating) version
0.1.0. This is the first Apache release since Teaclave entered the
incubator.

The Apache Teaclave (incubating) community has voted and approved the
release, with four +1 votes from IPMC members (Tongxin Li, Yu Ding, Furkan
Kamaci, and Pei Wang).

Vote/result thread:
  -
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r78add66efd8eb43be2f7e4548ea516528112bdd1d00a4626f095ca94%40%3Cdev.teaclave.apache.org%3E

The release candidate to be voted over is available at:
  - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/teaclave/0.1.0-rc.2/

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
  - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/teaclave/KEYS

The Git commit for this release is:
  -
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-teaclave.git;a=commit;h=05769c80fd15612003d629603cadd2ecddbfca46

The Release Note is available in:
  - https://github.com/apache/incubator-teaclave/releases/tag/v0.1.0-rc.2

Build guide and get started instructions can be found at:
  -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-teaclave/blob/v0.1.0-rc.2/docs/my-first-function.md

The short version of building Teaclave from the source tarball:

```
$ wget
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/teaclave/0.1.0-rc.2/apache-teaclave-0.1.0-rc.2-incubating.tar.gz
$ tar zxvf apache-teaclave-0.1.0-rc.2-incubating.tar.gz && cd
apache-teaclave-0.1.0-rc.2-incubating
$ docker run --rm -v $(pwd):/teaclave -w /teaclave \
  -it teaclave/teaclave-build-ubuntu-1804-sgx-2.9.1:latest \
   bash -c ". /root/.cargo/env && \
     . /opt/sgxsdk/environment && \
     mkdir -p build && cd build && \
     cmake -DTEST_MODE=ON -DSGX_SIM_MODE=ON -DGIT_SUBMODULE=OFF .. && \
     make"
```

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

  [ ] +1 approve
  [ ] +0 no opinion
  [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
Mingshen Sun

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Teaclave (incubating) v0.1.0-rc2

Posted by Yu Ding <di...@apache.org>.
+1 approve

Posted by Yulong Zhang <yu...@apache.org>.
+1 approve

Posted by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org>.
Thanks to everyone that participated. The vote to release Apache Teaclave
(incubating) version 0.1.0 is now closed.

The vote PASSED with 4 binding +1, 0 non binding +1 and 0 -1 votes:

Binding votes:
- Yu Ding
- Yulong Zhang
- Zhaofeng Chen
- Tongxin Li

We will work to complete the release process.

Posted by Tongxin Li <li...@apache.org>.
+1 approve

Posted by Zhaofeng Chen <zf...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

I checked:

- Checksums

- DISCLAIMER-WIP exists

- LICENSE and NOTICE are good - except for some C header files

- No unexpected binary files - could be improved in future releases

- Code compiles in both SIM and HW mode

- Tests pass in both SIM and HW mode

   1. Please note some header files[1] under the LGPL license is Category X
   and can’t typically be included in a source release, but I think it is OK
   with the WIP disclaimer.
   2. One vendored rust crate `winapi-x86_64-pc-windows-gnu`[2] under
   `third_party` directory might be optimized to reduce the size of future
   releases.
   3. According to the new distribution guideline [3], we might publish
   docker images under account apache in the future.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-teaclave-sgx-sdk/blob/master/common/inc/pwd.h

[2]
https://github.com/mesalock-linux/crates-io/tree/eb259811db1316ec63d9dd01cda3d87e3b860ca0/vendor/winapi-x86_64-pc-windows-gnu