Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/15 15:56:50 UTC

[RELEASE]: weekly developer snapshots

Hi,

I noticed feedback regarding sidebar problems that can't be reproduced.
It seems that the result of the build bots are not reliable.

Based on this and the fact that we don't have build bots for MacOS and
currently not for Linunx 32 bit, I propose a weekly developer snapshot
based on the SNAPSHOT tag.

I have switched the snapshot tag now to trunk revision 1467923 and will
start building Windows and MacOS

@Ariel, maybe you can provide the Linux builds as in the past. Please
let me know if not.

For the future we really have to work on a reliable build bot
environment that can produce usable output. Currently it seems more a
compile check. This means we have to fix the build problems for clean
builds, improve the build performance and/or improve the system for
incremental builds.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: weekly developer snapshots

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 4/17/13 10:13 AM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
> Juergen , Ariel and all,
>   Thanks so much for your great work to have the 4.0 developer snapshot
> ready!
>   According to the 4.0
> plan<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+Planning>,
> the next step should be start the regression testing.
>   While I checked the wiki and found many feature/enhancement items are
> still in open status. I think we need to check the status and update the
> wiki. For some of the items ( e.g. Interoperability Improvement, Gallery,
> Gradients, Pallette...) I think maybe we can close here, harvest the
> current achievements in 4.0, and leave further improvements in 4.1. And for
> some other items (e.g. Accessibility, Patch, Encryption UI), it looks like
> we can not contain them in 4.0, and I suggest to defer them out, and move
> to 4.1. Then QE team can make the regression test plan accordingly and
> start testing using the 4.0 developer snapshot.
>   Any suggestion?

I agree that we can move these open items to a 4.1. Especially
everything that is related to translation.

Juergen

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Juergen , Ariel and all,

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Ricardo,

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/4/16 Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:46:10AM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> > MacOS and Windows snapshot builds are uploaded. Keep in mind that it is
> > a build with system integration.
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshotfullsets
>
> Linux builds are there too. The ARC column contains "archived"
> installations, no need to install RPMs/DEBs, simply untar the archive.

I tried a couple of times to download the ARC file but failed: kget
complains that cannot check the integrity and in fact the checksums do not
match. The rpm pack downloaded without problems.

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:46:10AM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> MacOS and Windows snapshot builds are uploaded. Keep in mind that
>> it is a build with system integration.
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshotfullsets
>

> Linux builds are there too. The ARC column contains "archived"
> installations, no need to install RPMs/DEBs, simply untar the
> archive.

good idea, maybe I should upload the archive version for windows as well
(next time)

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 21/04/2013 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Strange, I got feed back that both archived tars were working fine (and
> indeed I've just downloaded it, and works fine). Did you verify the
> download, and check untar exit code? This kind of error on startup is
> usually due to a configuration manager error with a broken installation.

Untar was OK, and the download was OK too. However, I've now tried the
new snapshot (r1476029, "archive" build) and it launched without errors
on the same system, so let's consider this solved.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [RELEASE]: weekly developer snapshots

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 05:20:38PM +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 16/04/2013 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> >>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshotfullsets
> >Linux builds are there too. The ARC column contains "archived"
> >installations, no need to install RPMs/DEBs, simply untar the archive.
>
> I tried
> Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.0_Linux_x86-64_install-arc_en-US.tar.gz and it
> crashes for me with
> $ ./openoffice4/program/soffice
> 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'
> ./openoffice4/program/soffice: line 122:  [...] (core dumped)
> "$sd_prog/$sd_binary" "$@"

Strange, I got feed back that both archived tars were working fine (and
indeed I've just downloaded it, and works fine). Did you verify the
download, and check untar exit code? This kind of error on startup is
usually due to a configuration manager error with a broken installation.

> If I change UserInstallation=$ORIGIN/../.openoffice/4 in bootstraprc

there is no need to change that in archived tars, their AOO installation
is self contained.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: [RELEASE]: weekly developer snapshots

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 16/04/2013 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshotfullsets
> Linux builds are there too. The ARC column contains "archived"
> installations, no need to install RPMs/DEBs, simply untar the archive.

I tried Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.0_Linux_x86-64_install-arc_en-US.tar.gz
and it crashes for me with
$ ./openoffice4/program/soffice
'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'
./openoffice4/program/soffice: line 122:  [...] (core dumped)
"$sd_prog/$sd_binary" "$@"

If I change
UserInstallation=$ORIGIN/../.openoffice/4
in bootstraprc (which is one of the steps I do when testing a new
version, unrelated to the previous error) I get different errors, but
still I don't manage to get the snapshot running. Yesterday I tried the
latest CI build (more recent than this snapshot) and it was running fine.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [RELEASE]: weekly developer snapshots

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.