Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Springer, Ian P." <ia...@hp.com> on 2004/08/26 18:35:13 UTC

RE: Debugging Maven

Christian,

Add something like the following to maven.bat:

if "%MAVEN_DEBUG%" == "" goto nodebug
set JPDA_OPTS=transport=dt_socket,address=9009,server=y,suspend=y
echo JPDA enabled with options: %JPDA_OPTS%
set MAVEN_OPTS=%MAVEN_OPTS% -Xrunjdwp:%JPDA_OPTS% -Xdebug -Xnoagent
-Djava.compiler=NONE
:nodebug

I added it to mine after the line:

if "%MAVEN_OPTS%"=="" SET MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx160M

Then you can turn JPDA on for a particular run of Maven by simply
setting the MAVEN_DEBUG env var.

Regards,
Ian

ps - This question probably would have been more appropriate for the
users list.