Posted to user@struts.apache.org by th...@polaris.co.in on 2003/06/20 17:16:13 UTC

How to pass information between action and jsp

Hi,

   I need to create input pages for crystal reports 9 reports. What I am
planning to do is create Action, Form and JSP page for each input pages.
>From JSP the information will be passed to Form bean and Action will be
called. Here what I will do is collect the parameters, generate the SQL.

   Now I need to forward it to a common JSP/Action page where I will
collect the generated SQL and call crystal reports to generate the
report.

   How can I pass the SQL info to the common JSP/Action page without
using session? Here I assume if I use session then it could create
issues if the user generates more than one report at a time. Of course,
I can store the SQL for each report in different attribute and retrieve
it. But user can not view the same report simultaneously with different
parameters.

   Hope I explained things clearly.

Regards
Thiru