Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Wilhelmi <NW...@kore.com> on 2000/11/10 18:04:00 UTC

Compiling mod_jserv.so

I'm trying to compile mod_jserv.so on a Solaris 8 x86 platform. When I run
the apxs command I'm getting an "Language Option Software Package not
installed" error. Can anybody offer any suggestions as to what this is an
how I fix it?

Thanks!

Nate Wilhelmi

Re: Compiling mod_jserv.so

Posted by Richard Beton <ri...@roke.co.uk>.
Nathan Wilhelmi wrote:

>  I'm trying to compile mod_jserv.so on a Solaris 8 x86 platform. When
> I run the apxs command I'm getting an "Language Option Software
> Package not installed" error. Can anybody offer any suggestions as to
> what this is an how I fix it?

You haven't got a C compiler.
Get yourself GCC and try again.
Alternatively, find someone who has built mod_jserv for Solaris 8 x86
and get their binary.

Rick