Posted to user@uima.apache.org by "greg@holmberg.name" <ho...@comcast.net> on 2007/03/02 19:29:33 UTC

C++ support in 2.2?

Judging from the uima-dev email, it appears that C++ support will not be in 2.1, but will be in 2.2.  Did I get that right?

And if I remember correctly, the release plan is for releases approximately every three months, with 2.2 targeted for May.  Is that still the plan?

Speaking of releases, what's going on with 2.1?  I'm guessing the release candidate is stuck in some Apache approval process or some other red tape?  I'm not familiar with the Apache Way--just curious how it works.  I would like to get started converting our code 2.1, since 2.0 seems like a bit of a dead-end.

Thanks,

Greg Holmberg

Re: C++ support in 2.2?

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
greg@holmberg.name wrote:
> Judging from the uima-dev email, it appears that C++ support will not be in 2.1, but will be in 2.2.  Did I get that right?

We haven't really discussed our release mode for the C++ UIMA yet.  We
might release it with 2.2, or we might do a separate release,
independent of the Java release.

> And if I remember correctly, the release plan is for releases approximately every three months, with 2.2 targeted for May.  Is that still the plan?

That was the plan.  However, as you noted, we're behind on our release
schedule currently.

> Speaking of releases, what's going on with 2.1?  I'm guessing the release candidate is stuck in some Apache approval process or some other red tape?  I'm not familiar with the Apache Way--just curious how it works.  I would like to get started converting our code 2.1, since 2.0 seems like a bit of a dead-end.

The release candidate is stuck in the incubator approval process.  We
can't currently get enough people to vote on it.  We're lobbying people
to vote, but so far, no luck.

--Thilo