Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Butler <cb...@mateso.com> on 2003/04/04 01:03:50 UTC

Apache.org maven usage (RE: Where to get maven 1.0-beta-9)

Is there a nightly drop for beta-9 anywhere?
A lot of the Jakarta projects seem to do that...
I guess cvs would ok too, but I was wondering why
some apache.org projects do nightlies, others don't.

Btw, makes me wonder about maven usage for the apache site.
It'd be great to get a simple white paper on how the
apache.org site is managed, and what parts are done
with maven. I know a lot of open source projects seem
to be using maven (and growing) and it'd be super to
have a comprehensive "maven best practices" doc using
Something like the apache site as an example...

Our project has now expanded to use reactor, pull in
our own dependent libraries, and have our own "commons"
library sets across web apps.  We'd love to share common
tiles, mock objects, etc, across web apps and do it
all within maven where possible...

Anyway, the apache.org organization is fascinating to
me in how it's grown and how it's built tools to manage
its own development.  Maven is a fantastic example of
"eating your own dogfood" - XDoclet is another...

chris