Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2013/12/01 06:15:09 UTC

Re: [DISCUSSION] FlexJS on the server

On 11/30/13 1:52 PM, "flexcapacitor@gmail.com" <fl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Is it possible for Flex 4.11 to be setup like this and is it possible to
>setup FlexJS like this (and would it be a good idea)?
The Web-Tier compiler has not been donated to Apache Flex.  When I asked
recently, there wasn't much interest.  I think a key problem is the
compile time and resulting SWF size.  It could work for very simple
things, but not for a serious app.

FlexJS will have smaller SWFs and JS output.  I'm not sure what it takes
to write a server task that picks up a particular suffix and returns an
HTML file.  If we get more interest we can try to donate the web-tier.  It
ships in Adobe's BlazeDS but won't be in Apache's BlazeDS, so you can try
it out with Adobe BlazeDS if you want.