Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/26 21:49:25 UTC

Re: Release Announcement: General Availability of JDK 11

Thanks, Rory. I took the GA release for a test-drive. I built Derby with
GA JDK 11 and I ran all regression tests with GA JDK 11. Everything
worked except for SSL-protected connections. Before I put time into
paring this problem down to a tidy repro, I wanted to double check
whether the following behavior sounds familiar to you and, if so, what
the quick fix is:

1) When both sides of the connection run Java 9, everything is fine.

2) When one side of the connection runs Java 9 and the other runs Java
11, everything is fine too.

3) But when both sides of the connection run Java 11, then the client
side of the connection fails with the following error message:

   fatal alert: handshake_failure

I tried tracing the good and bad behaviors by setting the following flag
on the client side:

   -Djavax.net.debug=all

However, I'm afraid that the resulting blizzard of diagnostics fell far
outside my ken.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks,
-Rick

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rory,

I have pared the problem back to a compact repro and logged a JDK bug
with the following provisional internal review ID : 9057492.

Thanks,
-Rick