Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/27 00:19:34 UTC

does test-patch require javadoc examination?

Hi Ambari devs,

The test-patch job fails currently due to mvn javadoc:javadoc fails.

https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Ambari/job/Ambari-trunk-test-patch/45/console

More specifically this command fails.

{code}

mvn clean test javadoc:javadoc -DskipTests -Pdocs -DAmbariPatchProcess

{code}

and the error is here

https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Ambari/job/Ambari-trunk-test-patch/45/artifact/patch-work/trunkJavadocWarnings.txt

This is all about a bunch of classic compilation errors.

{code}

[ERROR] Exit code: 1 -
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/Ambari-trunk-test-patch/ambari/ambari-server/src/main/java/org/apache/ambari/server/api/MethodOverrideFilter.java:21:
error: package org.springframework.http does not exist
[ERROR] import org.springframework.http.HttpMethod;
[ERROR] ^

{code}

which, though, can not be observed in the trunk-commit job.

https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Ambari/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/396/

The commit job currently does not provide javadoc either, so there
should be some class path issue which is different from the regular
build.

The question is, do we provide javadoc as well as the other rpms? Has
anyone tested mvn javadoc:javadoc works? (it fails on my test env as
well)

--
-jun

Re: does test-patch require javadoc examination?

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Makes sense.  Thanks Jun.

Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: does test-patch require javadoc examination?

Posted by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Jun,

--