Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Eckel, George" <ge...@amazon.com> on 2008/10/08 18:29:38 UTC

Multiple ID error without there being multiple IDs

Hi folks,

Using Docbook 5.0 and FOP 0.95.

I'm getting a    warning: "Multiple IDs"    error. BUT there is only one instance of the cited ID value. To check, I substituted "XXXX" for the (offending) ID value. Now, I'm SURE there's only one XXXX ID value. But I still get the same Multiple ID error citing XXXX as the offender.

Any tips?

Thanks,

George..

Re: Multiple ID error without there being multiple IDs

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Eckel, George wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Using Docbook 5.0 and FOP 0.95.
>
> I'm getting a    warning: "Multiple IDs"    error. BUT there is only one instance of the cited ID value. To check, I substituted "XXXX" for the (offending) ID value. Now, I'm SURE there's only one XXXX ID value. But I still get the same Multiple ID error citing XXXX as the offender.

Where are you checking? Its no good checking the XML or XSL, you have to
check the XSL-FO generated as a result of the docbook stylesheet being
applied to your XML. The following link explains how to generate XSL-FO
from XSL (docbook stylesheet) and XML files:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/running.html#check-input

Regards,

Chris

RE: Multiple ID error without there being multiple IDs

Posted by "Eckel, George" <ge...@amazon.com>.
Thanks, Chris!

Turns out I was including a file with the offending ID in multiple places in the same book. Obviously that doesn't work unless, perhaps, you use entities. Learned something.

Thanks!

George..