Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Volkmann, Mark" <Ma...@AGEDWARDS.com> on 2002/03/28 22:34:38 UTC

Java2WSDL followed by WSDL2Java?

Is it reasonable to assume that developers will commonly want to
generate WSDL for a service using Java2WSDL
for the purpose of feeding that WSDL into WSDL2Java
to achieve the ultimate goal of generating
the supporting classes needed by the service?

It seems to me that this will be common.  The only problem I see with this
is that WSDL2Java will overwrite the data classes used by the service
implementation and will overwrite the service implementation itself with a
new interface.

Should a flag be added to WSDL2Java so it can be told not to overwrite
existing files?

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.