Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sheetal <ri...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/30 04:53:41 UTC

Search the contents of given URL in Solr.

Hi,

Is it possible to give the URL address of a site and solr search server
reads the contents of the given site and recommends similar projects to
that. I did scrapped the web contents from the given URL address and now
have the plain text format of the contents in URL. But when I pass that
scrapped text as query into Solr. It doesn't work as query being too
large(depends on the given contents of URL).

I read it somewhere that its possible , Given the URL address and outputs
you the relevant projects to it. But I don't remember whether its using Solr
search or other search engine.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for this..Would highly appreciate
your comments....

Thank you in advance..

-----
Sheetal

Re: Search the contents of given URL in Solr.

Posted by Sheetal <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jayendra,

Thank you for the reply. I figured it out finally. I had to configure my web
servelet container Jetty for this..Now it works....:-)

-----

Posted by Jayendra Patil <ja...@gmail.com>.
For indexing the webpages, you can use Nutch with Solr, which would do
the scarping and indexing of the page.
For finding similar documents/pages you can use
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MoreLikeThis, by querying the above
document (by id or search terms) and it would return similar documents
from the index for the result.

Regards,
Jayendra