Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Smith-John <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/24 17:06:28 UTC

Problems using a osgi bundle in a camel route

Hi,
I have problems using a OSGI-Service/bundle in a camel route. Read
tutorial-osgi-camel but didn't get it to work.

The setup:

    bundle 1 defines a Service interface (separate bundle for interface
because there can be several implementations of it)
    bundle 2 implements this interface
    bundle 3 should use bundle 2 that provides interface from bundle 1

In bundle 2 (the implementation) are the two xmls, one with

<osgi:service ref="invokeService">
    <osgi:interfaces>
        <value>invoker.Invoker</value>
    </osgi:interfaces>
</osgi:service>

and the other with

<bean id="invokeService" class="invokerImpl.InvokerImpl">
</bean>

Bundle 3 has a xml file with

 <osgi:reference id="invokeService" interface="invoker.Invoker"/>

in it. Bundle 3 and the CamelContext is started with

@Override
public void start(BundleContext bundleContext) throws Exception {
    OsgiDefaultCamelContext camelContext = new
OsgiDefaultCamelContext(bundleContext);
    camelContext.addRoutes(new ExampleRoute());
    camelContext.start();
}

In my route I want to use the Service (from bundle 2) with

.to("bean:invokeService")

Exceptions I get:

19:14:39.953  TRACE  o.a.camel.core.osgi.OsgiClassResolver:42       Resolve
class invokeService
19:14:39.969  TRACE  o.a.camel.core.osgi.OsgiClassResolver:84       Cannot
load class: invokeService using classloader:
CamleOSGIExample_1.0.0.qualifier [254]. This exception be ignored.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: invokeService
at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:513)
~[na:na]
at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
~[na:na]
(...)

and

org.apache.camel.NoSuchBeanException: No bean could be found in the registry
for: invokeService
    at
org.apache.camel.component.bean.RegistryBean.getBean(RegistryBean.java:68)
~[camel-core-2.10.3.jar:2.10.3]
    at
org.apache.camel.component.bean.BeanProcessor.process(BeanProcessor.java:83)
~[camel-core-2.10.3.jar:2.10.3]

I'm using Equinox. From reading I know that karaf would be the better
choice, but unfortunately this isn't my decision.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problems using a osgi bundle in a camel route

Posted by Smith-John <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ok, changed /.to("bean:invoker.Invoker")/ , now it works.
Thought it should be /"bean:invokeService"/ because of defining /<bean
id="invokeService".

Re: Problems using a osgi bundle in a camel route

Posted by Smith-John <mi...@gmail.com>.
Changed it to

	OsgiServiceRegistry reg = new OsgiServiceRegistry(bundleContext);
	OsgiDefaultCamelContext camelContext = new
OsgiDefaultCamelContext(bundleContext, reg);
	camelContext.addRoutes(new ExampleRoute());
	camelContext.start();

But still get /"org.apache.camel.NoSuchBeanException: No bean could be found

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You most likely need to create a osgi registry and pass that into the
constructor of the osgi default camel context

OsgiServiceRegistry

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Smith-John <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> /So your problem is that you  cannot invoke the bean (impl in bundle 2)
> from a Camel route in bundle 3? /
>
> yeah, right.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Problems using a osgi bundle in a camel route

Posted by Smith-John <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Smith-John <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have problems using a OSGI-Service/bundle in a camel route. Read
> tutorial-osgi-camel but didn't get it to work.
>
> The setup:
>
>     bundle 1 defines a Service interface (separate bundle for interface
> because there can be several implementations of it)
>     bundle 2 implements this interface
>     bundle 3 should use bundle 2 that provides interface from bundle 1
>
> In bundle 2 (the implementation) are the two xmls, one with
>
> <osgi:service ref="invokeService">
>     <osgi:interfaces>
>         <value>invoker.Invoker</value>
>     </osgi:interfaces>
> </osgi:service>
>
> and the other with
>
> <bean id="invokeService" class="invokerImpl.InvokerImpl">
> </bean>
>
> Bundle 3 has a xml file with
>
>  <osgi:reference id="invokeService" interface="invoker.Invoker"/>
>
> in it. Bundle 3 and the CamelContext is started with
>
> @Override
> public void start(BundleContext bundleContext) throws Exception {
>     OsgiDefaultCamelContext camelContext = new
> OsgiDefaultCamelContext(bundleContext);
>     camelContext.addRoutes(new ExampleRoute());
>     camelContext.start();
> }
>
> In my route I want to use the Service (from bundle 2) with
>
> .to("bean:invokeService")
>
> Exceptions I get:
>
> 19:14:39.953  TRACE  o.a.camel.core.osgi.OsgiClassResolver:42       Resolve
> class invokeService
> 19:14:39.969  TRACE  o.a.camel.core.osgi.OsgiClassResolver:84       Cannot
> load class: invokeService using classloader:
> CamleOSGIExample_1.0.0.qualifier [254]. This exception be ignored.
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: invokeService
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:513)
> ~[na:na]
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
> ~[na:na]
> (...)
>
> and
>
> org.apache.camel.NoSuchBeanException: No bean could be found in the registry
> for: invokeService
>     at
> org.apache.camel.component.bean.RegistryBean.getBean(RegistryBean.java:68)
> ~[camel-core-2.10.3.jar:2.10.3]
>     at
> org.apache.camel.component.bean.BeanProcessor.process(BeanProcessor.java:83)
> ~[camel-core-2.10.3.jar:2.10.3]
>
> I'm using Equinox. From reading I know that karaf would be the better
> choice, but unfortunately this isn't my decision.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Any exceptions logged at TRACE level is internal only and can be ignored.