Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by webguy <we...@online.ie> on 2003/02/26 18:10:31 UTC

iCalendar code (by Jeff Prickett) status

Hi Everyone,

	I came across the iCalendar code on the Jarakta site and I'm wondering what
the status of it is.
It's seems to have been abandoned, which is a pity since there is a good bit
work done. Most of the work has been done by Jeff Prickett, and I've tried
prickett@apache.org and  jeffprickett@mindspring.com to no avail. Does
anyone know what the status of the code is?

Thanks WG

Re: iCalendar code (by Jeff Prickett) status

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
webguy wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> 	I came across the iCalendar code on the Jarakta site and I'm wondering what
> the status of it is.
> It's seems to have been abandoned, which is a pity since there is a good bit
> work done. Most of the work has been done by Jeff Prickett, and I've tried
> prickett@apache.org and  jeffprickett@mindspring.com to no avail. Does
> anyone know what the status of the code is?

It is abandoned, AFAIK. I have pointed several people who asked in the
past to the addresses you give.

If you are interested to keep it going, I think it could be discussed
wether to keep it hosted here or either to move the code as a whole to
either "incubator" or "commons".

But we would need to lobby a bit and find other people interested,
and/or keep on developing and commit something useful before, since I
don't think the PMC will take it as is, since it is lacking a basic
"community".

I think it would be a good thing to have it going, and it would fit
nicely with James mailets (to move vCalendar stuff around in mail) and
maybe in other project.

Regards,
      Santiago