Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/09/23 06:12:58 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Struts Milestone Release 0.5

As has been discussed on the mailing lists, I have made a milestone
release of Struts (version 0.5) available.  This version is based on the
code from the 20000919 nightly distribution (i.e. before the recent
changes for the new configuration file format).  You can download the
binary and/or source distributions from:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/v0.5

Version 0.5 is designed to provide developers using Struts in the very
near term for their applications, where there is a desire for a stable
platform that will not experience incompatible changes in the APIs.  Bug
fix support will be available if necessary -- however, all new
development will occur on the code branch that is aiming for a 1.0
release around the time of ApacheCon Europe.

Also announced is the availability of an interim bug tracking system for
all Jakarta projects, including Struts.  If you have feature requests,
enhancements, or bug reports to submit, please point your browser at:

    http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888

Thanks for all the support and great ideas I've received from the Struts
community!  Because of your input, version 1.0 of Stuts is going to
knock people's socks off!

Craig McClanahan

====================
                                    Applications to Tomcat

Re: "Comercialy supported" MVC/Struts Online Seminar and RealTime Chat in 2 days....

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
The pages below are only a click away from the hyperlink included in the
Posted by Malcolm Davis <ma...@nuearth.com>.

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <vi...@proj.com>.
As MVC and Struts (and Blueprint) become more popular way to develop Web
Apps, some comercial J2EE servers are starting to support it.

Here is Struts online seminar for free, together with a real time Chat so
you can discuss you questions.

http://www.silverstream.com/virtsem3 , register well before Tuesday
9/26/2000 1PM Eastern Time, 10 AM Pacific to get a password e-mailed.

You can also find out how to get a beta version of a "J2EE comerical app.
server."

Hope you like ...

Vic

"Comercialy supported" MVC/Struts Online Seminar and RealTime Chat in 2 days....

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Struts Milestone Release 0.5

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Well, at least I got it right on the Struts website :-(

Thanks Giuseppe ... the revised link is definitely the correct one.

Giuseppe Galli wrote:

> Thanks Craig.
>
> Pino.
>
> Here is the right link:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/release/v0.5/

Craig

                                    Applications to Tomcat

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Struts Milestone Release 0.5

Posted by Giuseppe Galli <g....@kataweb.it>.
Thanks Craig.