Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by ben syverson <be...@elsif.org> on 2006/02/01 19:22:26 UTC

Re: More on httpd2.2, libapreq2, apr and mod_perl2 not playing nice

On Jan 30, 2006, at 5:16 PM, ben syverson wrote:

> Cool, thanks -- but now I'm having trouble compiling libapreq2. It
> fails, with
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lexpat

Update: everything has built fine now (thanks everyone), but I'm
trying to get various modules to compile and install correctly.
XML::Parser in particular isn't testing cleanly, giving me the errors
below. I already posted to perl-xml, but if anyone here has any
suggestions, I would love to hear them....

Thanks!

- ben

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/astress.........ok
t/cdata...........ok
t/decl............ok
t/defaulted.......ok
t/encoding........"my" variable $p masks earlier declaration in same
scope at t/encoding.t line 94.
t/encoding........ok
t/external_ent....ok
t/file............dubious
         Test returned status 0 (wstat 139, 0x8b)
t/finish..........dubious
         Test returned status 0 (wstat 139, 0x8b)
t/namespaces......ok
t/parament........ok
t/partial.........Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /
usr/home/root/.cpan/build/XML-Parser-2.34/blib/lib/XML/Parser/
Expat.pm line 614, <REC> line 887.
t/partial.........dubious
         Test returned status 0 (wstat 139, 0x8b)
t/skip............dubious
         Test returned status 0 (wstat 139, 0x8b)
t/stream..........ok
t/styles..........ok
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
-------
t/file.t       0   139    ??   ??       %  ??
t/finish.t     0   139    ??   ??       %  ??
t/partial.t    0   139    ??   ??       %  ??
t/skip.t       0   139    ??   ??       %  ??
Failed 4/14 test scripts, 71.43% okay. 0/118 subtests failed, 100.00%
okay.
*** Error code 255

Stop in /usr/home/root/.cpan/build/XML-Parser-2.34.
   /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
   make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

Re: libapreq 2-2.07

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Clinton Gormley <cl...@traveljury.com> writes:

>> libapreq2 is an APR-based shared library used for parsing HTTP cookies,
>> query-strings and POST data.  This package provides
>>
>>      1) version 2.5.7 of the libapreq2 library,
>>
>>      2) mod_apreq2, a filter module necessary for using libapreq2
>>         within the Apache HTTP Server,
>>
>>      3) the Apache2::Request, Apache2::Cookie, and Apache2::Upload
>>         perl modules for using libapreq2 with mod_perl2.
>>

> Which is now the preferred method of using libapreq? Via
> Apache2::Request or APR::Request?

Either one is fine, but the APR::Request API's are a little
closer to the bare metal than the Apache2::Request ones.

> I have written wrappers around APR::Request::Param/Cookie/Apache2 which
> do what I need.  Should I be concerned about the API changing
> dramatically in future releases?  Is the API of the APR modules more or
> less stable than the Apache2:Request modules?

The APIs are equally stable- this is our first non-dev release
of libapreq2.

--
Joe Schaefer

libapreq 2-2.07

Posted by Clinton Gormley <cl...@traveljury.com>.
> libapreq2 is an APR-based shared library used for parsing HTTP cookies,
> query-strings and POST data.  This package provides
>
>      1) version 2.5.7 of the libapreq2 library,
>
>      2) mod_apreq2, a filter module necessary for using libapreq2
>         within the Apache HTTP Server,
>
>      3) the Apache2::Request, Apache2::Cookie, and Apache2::Upload
>         perl modules for using libapreq2 with mod_perl2.

Which is now the preferred method of using libapreq? Via
Apache2::Request or APR::Request?

I have written wrappers around APR::Request::Param/Cookie/Apache2 which
do what I need.  Should I be concerned about the API changing
dramatically in future releases?  Is the API of the APR modules more or
less stable than the Apache2:Request modules?

thanks

Clint

Clinton Gormley clinton@traveljury.com

www.TravelJury.com - For travellers, By travellers

Re: More on httpd2.2, libapreq2, apr and mod_perl2 not playing nice

Posted by Ryan Perry <ma...@madisonip.com>.
Yes.  2.07 has been released.

 From apreq List:

         libapreq2-2.07 Released

The Apache Software Foundation and The Apache HTTP Server Project
are pleased to announce the 2.07 release of libapreq2.  This
Announcement notes significant changes introduced by this release.

libapreq2-2.07 is released under the Apache License
version 2.0.  It is now available through the ASF mirrors

       http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/download.cgi

and has entered the CPAN as

   file: $CPAN/authors/id/J/JO/JOESUF/libapreq2-2.07.tar.gz
   size: 787249 bytes
    md5: 6f2e5e4a14e8b190dead0fe91fc13080

libapreq2 is an APR-based shared library used for parsing HTTP cookies,
query-strings and POST data.  This package provides

     1) version 2.5.7 of the libapreq2 library,

     2) mod_apreq2, a filter module necessary for using libapreq2
        within the Apache HTTP Server,

     3) the Apache2::Request, Apache2::Cookie, and Apache2::Upload
        perl modules for using libapreq2 with mod_perl2.

This release contains an important security bugfix which impacts all
previous developer releases of libapreq2. The Common Vulnerabilities
and Exposures project assigned the name CVE-2006-0042 to this issue.

Changes with libapreq2-2.07 (released February 12, 2006)

- C API [joes]
   SECURITY: CVE-2006-0042 (cve.mitre.org)
   Eliminate potential quadratic behavior in apreq_parse_headers() and
   apreq_parse_urlencoded().

- Perl API [Philip M. Gollucci]
   Fix Apache2::Cookie->cookies() to comply with its documentation

- C API [Philip M. Gollucci]
   Use the APREQ_DEFAULT_READ_LIMIT constant for the read_limit

- C API [Ville Skyttä, Dirk Nehring]
   Add explicit cast in apreq_escape()/apreq_util.h to keep
   C++ compilers happy.

- C API [joes]
   Protect against arbitrary recursion depth in apreq_parse_multipart()
   by adding a reasonable compile-time MAX_LEVEL limit.

- C API [joes]
   Clean up end-of-file parsing for apreq_parse_multipart(),
   conforming to rfc-2046 § 5.1.1.

- Perl API [joes]
   Move APR::Request::Param::Table and APR::Request::Cookie::Table
   packages to APR::Request module.

- Perl XS [Steve Hay]
   Fix compile problems on Win32 without PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS
   related to link being an unresolved symbol.

- Perl API [joes]
   APR::Request::Cookie::thaw() isn't a class method.

- C API [joes]
   Fix off-by-one bug in the continuation-lines portion of the
   header parser.

- Perl API [joes]
   Move APR::Request::upload to APR::Request, where it belongs.

- Perl XS [Nikolay Ananiev]
   Use MP_STATIC declarations to allow Cygwin builds.

- Perl API [joes]
   encode()/decode() were busted with zero-length args.  This caused
   Apache2::Cookie::new() to segfault on cookie value of "".

- C API [joes]
   Add apreq_charset_divine() and eliminate charset offset from return
   value of apreq_decode(v).

- C API [joes]
   Improve the cp1252-charset heuristics for apreq_decode(v).

- C API [Ralph Mattes]
   Add explicit casts for apreq_param_charset_* to keep c++ compilers
happy.

Posted by Foo Ji-Haw <jh...@nexlabs.com>.

Posted by Ryan Perry <ma...@madisonip.com>.
FYI,