Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by P lva <ru...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/31 17:59:43 UTC

Eclipse-Plugin

Can someone please explain how to set up a dev environment for Hadoop on
remote machine. Most of the tutorials online seem to be focused on local
mode or pseudo distributed mode, which involve installing hadoop locally or
through cygwin. I'd like to avoid this. Ideally I would like to push code
to the remote cluster through eclipse without having hadoop on my local
machine.

I already have a cluster and can access the file system though Eclipse -
Hadoop Plugin, but how does one submit a job to the remote cluster ? What
parameters in eclipse plugin should I change ? (I correctly set up
namenode, job tracker location, but advanced configuration shows datanode
directory, datanode location and many other settings).

Thanks

Re: Eclipse-Plugin

Posted by P lva <ru...@gmail.com>.
Is that the only way out. I wasn't looking to run EMR jobs, but was under
the opinion that you could submit jobs to remote cluster through eclipse.

Re: Eclipse-Plugin

Posted by P lva <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: Eclipse-Plugin

Posted by P lva <ru...@gmail.com>.