Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by AYUSH SHARMA <er...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/15 13:16:54 UTC

Apache Avro Version

Hi,
I am trying to build drill-master from Github using maven and the
Avro-Version is set to 1.8.2
However , the child project under
\drill-master\contrib\storage-hive\hive-exec-shade contains avro version of
1.7.7
The problem here is that avro 1.7.7 has a 7.5 CVE and i want to use 1.8.2 ,
however i am unable to find any reference int he pom.xml for the same.
Can you please help me get this issue resolved?
*Desperately need help!!!.*

Regards
Ayush

Re: Apache Avro Version

Posted by Jyothsna Reddy <jy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ayush,
Looks like the avro version is set to 1.8.2 here
<https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/494c2060a385408f27185949e6899a9017b6b7ff/pom.xml#L86>.
Sometimes the older libraries are not removed from maven repository. Can
you try clearing the .m2/repository and build drill.

Thank you,
Jyothsna

Re: Apache Avro Version

Posted by Vova Vysotskyi <vv...@gmail.com>.
Let's clarify the behavior: Drill uses Avro 1.8.2 and Parquet 1.10.0 for
its own purposes.

Also, Drill uses Hive which also uses Avro and Parquet, but different
versions.
To allow hive working correctly, we put some libraries with the specific
versions used by Hive into the hive-exec-shade jar to avoid problems with
changes in API for different versions.

So Drill will use Avro 1.8.2 or Parquet 1.10.0 when tables are queried, but
for the case of querying Hive plugin, may be used these versions by the
hive-exec library.

Kind regards,
Volodymyr Vysotskyi

Re: Apache Avro Version