Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brent L Johnson <br...@bjohnson.net> on 2004/02/05 20:49:42 UTC

HTMLGenerator and Passing Params

Im attempting to pass some parameters through to
the src of the HTML generator and I'm getting an
IOException.  Here is my sitemap snippet:

<map:match pattern="test.xml">
    <map:act type="request">
        <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
        <map:generate type="html"
src="http://www.somewebsite.com/someSearchUrl.cgi?param={searchParams}"/

        <map:transform src="styles/test.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
    </map:act>
</map:match>

I try to access this by going to
http://localhost/test.xml?searchParams=my%20param

I get an error that says "Could not get resource
http://www.somewebsite.com/someSearchUrl.cgi?param=my param"

It looks like it decodes the %20 and turns it back into a normal space
but the generator does NOT like that.  Does anyone have any suggestions
as to how I can get around this problem?  If I just hardcode my%20param
for the generator it works just fine.

Thanks,

- Brent