Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Bruce Cooper <br...@brucecooper.net> on 2005/03/18 08:44:23 UTC

WebDAV Notifications

Hi guys,

I was wondering what the state of the notification code is.  I have
started using Slide and I love it, but I am having difficulty working with
it in its current form.

Is the notification code being actively maintained?  I can see the
following problems with it at the moment:

* HTTP notifications seem to be broken.  Now I'm new to the code so I
might tbe doing it wrong, but only some notifications come through, and
the first notification I receive seems to stop all subsequent
notifications from coming through at the server level.

* There seems to be two different way of subscribing to resources, and
they don't quite complement each other.
    - Through WebdavResource.subscribe()
    - Through NotificationListener.subscribe()

* The code in org.apache.webdav.lib.methods.PollMethod.parseResponse()
seems to have an error in it.  It uses the code:

this.subscriptionsWithEvents.add(Integer.getInteger(id));

The problem is that Integer.getInteger(String) does not parse a String
into an Integer.  It looks up a system property with the specified name,
and parses that to return an Integer.  Obviously this will never return
anything other than null.  It should be like this instead:

this.subscriptionsWithEvents.add(new Integer(id));

I suppose my main question is: How stable is the WebDAV Notification code
at the moment?  Should I start hacking around and submitting patches, or
should I speak to the person that is developing these features?

Any help would be appreciated