Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/28 10:54:53 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1561926 - /jackrabbit/oak/tags/jackrabbit-oak-core-0.15.2/pom.xml

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 7:41 AM,  <tr...@apache.org> wrote:
> +              org.apache.jackrabbit.oak;version="0.15.0",
> +              org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api;version="0.15.0",
> +              org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.jmx;version="0.15.0",

We should version packages independent of Oak release version.
Probably a better way would be to

1. Add explicit package-info.java with correct bnd version
annotations. Then we need not explicitly list down package names in
pom.xml
2. Untill we have  a 1.0 release we can set the package version to
1.0.0 and not change it if even if any API changes considering that
pre 1.0 builds are to be considered as unstable wrt API

Post 1.0 we take care to bump the version as per OSGi Sematic Version
guidelines [1]

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] http://www.osgi.org/wiki/uploads/Links/SemanticVersioning.pdf