Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Madhu V <ma...@four-soft.com> on 2002/02/18 07:01:10 UTC

Problem when sending mails

Hi All,

I setup JAMES binary version on NT system. Created 2 users by editing
config.xml file. Started the JAMES server, On the same system configured
outlook express for one of the james user. While sending mail to other user
of JAMES error is occured in outlook. The error is..

The host 'smtp.mail.4s-esupply.com' could not be found. Please verify that
you have entered the server name correctly. Account:
'pop3.mail.4s-esupply.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.4s-esupply.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

I donot have good knowledged in networking.Is i am missing anything..

Any clue why this is coming.....?

Thanks in Advance...

Madhu V

RE: Problem when sending mails

Posted by Kayalvizhi <ka...@siptech.co.in>.
Hi,
  For creating users, just telnet to localhost at port 4555. login as remote
administrator using the account login and password set in your config.xml.
Then type help, that would list you all the commands to add/delete user
etc..

-kayal.

Posted by Jeff Keyser <JK...@telocity.com>.
Outlook cannot find the host "smtp.mail.4s-esupply.com" - This is either
because the DNS configuration of that computer is incorrect, or
"smtp.mail.4s-esupply.com" is not the correct name to use.  (Perhaps the
correct name is "mail.4s-esupply.com"?)

Also, you should disable the SSL setting in Outlook, if you are not using
SSL on the server.