Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com> on 2004/04/26 20:51:41 UTC

Just a quick remark about naming of the release

Dain mentioned that the release will be called "1.0M1".  I wanted to
voice concern that calling it "1.0" is going to make people think it's
very close to shippable as a 1.0.

If that's the case, great - go for it.

If not and you see some significant time yet to be spent before it
being "1.0"-ish,  then I think the project would ensure some 'slack' if
it were just called "M1" or something as it should keep user's
expectations reasonable.

Just my 0.02.  This concern of mine is no way intended to stand in the
way of whatever is in process - just wanted to speak up before it's too
late.

geir

geir@4quarters.com