Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> on 2016/07/01 16:28:27 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache Kudu as a TLP (v2)

This updated vote contains the modified PMC roster for the resolution based
on the graduation discussion, sorry for any confusion. v1 of the resolution
vote thread was at https://s.apache.org/l6Tw

Based on community discussions on the project mailing lists and the current
state of Apache Kudu (incubating) I would like to start a community VOTE
for Apache Kudu (incubating) to graduate from the Incubator and become a
Top Level Project. If thisVOTE is successful then I will call an Incubator
PMC VOTE, and pending that successfully passing, will add the project
graduation resolution below into the board agenda to be discussed at the
next board meeting.

Status page: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/kudu.html
Graduation discussion: https://s.apache.org/T8Uj

Please vote

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Kudu as a TLP
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Kudu as a TLP because…

I have added an extra day to the voting window to cover the holiday.

Voting will end in 72 hours, i.e. Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 12:00:00 Noon
EST.
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20160705T12

I would like to get the voting started with my own +1

-Jake

Resolution (v2):

Establish the Apache Kudu Project

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
public, related to a distributed columnar storage engine
built for the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Kudu Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Kudu Project be and hereby is
related to a distributed columnar storage engine built
for the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Kudu" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Kudu Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Kudu Project; and be it further

Apache Kudu Project:

  * Adar Dembo <ad...@apache.org>
  * Binglin Chang <bc...@apache.org>
  * Chris Mattman <ma...@apache.org>
  * Dan Burkert <da...@apache.org>
  * David Alves <dr...@apache.org>
  * Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>
  * Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>
  * Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>
  * Julien Le Dem <ju...@apache.org>
  * Michael Stack <st...@apache.org>
  * Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>
  * Misty Stanley-Jones <mi...@apache.org>
  * Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Todd Lipcon
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Kudu, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Kudu PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Kudu Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Kudu Project be and hereby
Incubator Kudu podling; and be it further

Incubator Kudu podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Kudu as a TLP (v2)

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
I lied, I can't vote here.

I'll vote once it moves to incubator-general. Sorry for the noise.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding via ipmc)

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by David Alves <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Of course +1 from me again too.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
Director, Information Retrieval and Data Science Group (IRDS)
WWW: http://irds.usc.edu/

Posted by Binglin Chang <de...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.