Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mahmoud Almokadem <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/21 06:06:36 UTC

Search with the start of field

Hello,

What is the best way to search with the start token of field?

For example: the field contains these values

Document1: ABC  DEF GHI
Document2: DEF GHI JKL

when I search with DEF, I want to get Document2 only. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Mahmoud

Re: Search with the start of field

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
Show us the FieldType and Field definitions.

--
Bill Bell
billnbell@gmail.com

Re: Search with the start of field

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
You could do a hack with the field type similar to this text_lower_exact type: https://github.com/cominvent/exactmatch/blob/master/conf/schema.xml <https://github.com/cominvent/exactmatch/blob/master/conf/schema.xml>
But if you only do the hack on the “index” side of analysis, you are free to do phrase searches like “ǣ DEF” which would only match the beginning since you include the very first token in the phrase.

It is not a perfect solution, and I’d like a native query operator to handle it, but so far we have not got one.
You may also try regex query, like myfield:/^DEF/

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
You can experiment with {!xmlparser}<SpanFirst>.. see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Other+Parsers#OtherParsers-XMLQueryParser

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev