Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by haim <ha...@012.net.il> on 2005/01/04 06:48:12 UTC

Defining application Global properties.

I would like to set up some application global properties.
I would like those properties to be available application width, and
should be loaded as soon as the application loads no mater witch page
was visit.
I guess I have few options for that , which one do you think is the best
practice?

  1.  Using the <init-param> , but those are servelt related and not
     application related ?

  2. Using java properties file , but now I need some one to load then
     at server startup ?

  3.  Any other good Idea that you may think of?

Thanks
P.S. Does any one know why the search list page is not working?

Re: Defining application Global properties.

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
haim wrote:
> I would like to set up some application global properties.
> I would like those properties to be available application width, and
> should be loaded as soon as the application loads no mater witch page
> was visit.
> I guess I have few options for that , which one do you think is the best
> practice?
>
>  1.  Using the <init-param> , but those are servelt related and not
>     application related ?
>
>  2. Using java properties file , but now I need some one to load then
>     at server startup ?
>
>  3.  Any other good Idea that you may think of?

Maybe
<context-param>
is what you are looking for.

Regards